Friday, January 2, 2009

Week Three

Another garbage day....another week down! Terrible correlation I know.

This might be my most productive week yet! Update on my goals:

  • Started running this week on the treadmill and my grand total = 6 miles
  • Created my full resume. I swear I did everything under the sun in college and worked for two companies last year. Now I can add/delete according to which job I will apply to
  • Cooked my new dish tonight and invited Jeni and her kids as my guinea pigs. And since I did not like the Penne Vodka in my cookbook, I stole D.A.R.'s recipe...delicious :)
  • Downloaded Quicken to my new computer
  • Finished Marley & Me and started and now half-way through The Beach House by Jane Green for my book club here this month
  • Daisy did not jump on my guests tonight! Mostly because I pinned her down until she calmly sat like the beautiful, sweet husky I know, but hey, whatever works.
  • I missed church this week. As I began to walk out the door, Dave showed up on Skype. A tough decision, but I ended up talking to him for a whole 20 minutes on the webcam.
  • Drum roll please... I already syncronized my Wii-Fit, changed a light bulb, set up my Slinbox, figured out how to work our video camera to tape the puppies, and finally learned how to work the thermostat in my house (pathetic I know). All of these combined should at least equal 1 big girl moment, ha!

So far so good, minus missing church. I really feel this week flew by and a large part can be accredited to working on my deployment goals.

Also, I am thrilled to be back in full swing at the gym. I love, love, love working out, but because of the chaos over the last month or so, working out moved to the bottom of the priority list.

9 comments:

tootie said...

I just stumbled on your blog and wanted to say hi.

What did you think of Marley and Me? I loved it! (Both the book and the movie.)

Happy 2009!

Megan said...

I've only started one page of the book club book, I better hurry!

Erin said...

You are getting close to a month and look how much you have already accomplished!!

I miss going to the gym. I had turned into a gym rat before I got pregnant and planned to work out my entire pregnancy, but I wasn't able to. I can't wait to get back to it!!

jlc said...

I so would've chosen skype over church too. It's okay God will forgive you. haha. ;-)

Yay for another week down!!

Kristen said...

Skype always wins out! I would have done the same thing! I need to start going to the gym again.... maybe Monday?

Sara said...

good for you! Great start!

e said...

good work! i definitely think having a physical outlet is so helpful in times like these.. it's so good to clear your mind.

ps - i love your new layout as well :)

Jenn said...

You're doing great so far! I hope you're proud of yourself :)

Katie said...

Keep up the great work!