I wrote these down on a scrap piece of paper quite some time ago. I figure once I publish them online, they become real. My goals for the next 12 months.
Find a Job
Here is the obvious one. We don't care about the pay, just my sanity.
Start a blog
My best friend from college and I plan on starting a blog about my passion, sports.
Run the Nashville Half-Marathon
Run the Chicago Marathon
Thats right, 26.2 miles. I use to love running in college. And Chicago is the easiest course in the country.
Complete my personal trainer's license
LEARN HOW TO SEW!
I want to sew all of my and his college shirts into a blanket. Any advice?
Finish my scrapbook
I scrapbooked our first 5 years together, now I need to work on the next 4 years.
Host game night once a month for my wonderful friends here
I got Wii Fit for Christmas, Rockband 2, and not to mention every board game under the sun :)
Cook for the boys once a month.
We have a few friends from WP here and they promised to take care of me, its the least I can do
Cook three new things a month
Use Quicken to budget
Read 1 new book a month
I already started Marley and Me, apparently I need to read the book before the movie comes out. I also been flirting with starting a book club online. I would love to discuss some of the books I read
Send a package on the 20th on every month.
Accomplish at least 5 "big girl things" in the next 12 months
Pretty much everything He or my dad did for me all my life
Decorate the living room and guest room
Only two rooms left to decorate in our house, not bad.
Church every Sunday
Already went this Sunday with his mom and sister.
Landscape
I really need to dig up some ugly rocks in our front and backyard in the Spring
In general, I really would like to pay more attention to detail. He is my detail-orientated one and I always depend on him for that kind of stuff. I guess I need to do it all by myself this year.
Also, I learned throughout my life that I am constantly surrounded my so many talented people. For example, I feel just in my blog community there are so many women doing so many wonderful things. I really hope to embrace what I am good at in the next year.
8 comments:
I think the online book club idea is awesome! I would've never thought of it. If you're looking for candidates... :)
I can say that the finish line of a marathon is the most exhilerating feeling of just pure joy. However, miles 15-24 will make you question your own sanity. It's amazing how you can just garner the energy to spring the last 2 miles after suffering through that. Good luck on your list!
I love these goals. I totally want to learn how to sew as well.
Now you've inspired me to make a list of things I want to do, also!
Those are such AWESOME goals! I know you will "thrive" this next year!
I will definitely hold you to some of them: half marathon and game night I can help with!
Now I need to get back in running shape...
Good luck!! You can do it!! Oh, and get some tissues handy, you'll be balling at the end of Marley and Me!
Your goals are great. One of the things I learned during this deployment is the need to have something accomplished for ME. For me, it was my grad degree and some other smaller things I wanted to do.
If you decide to start the online book club, let me know! I'd love to join :)
im going to make a scrap book too!! I've been buying supplies little by little since October so we'll see if i have the patience to do it :)
Those are all such great goals!! I should def start that one book a month thing too. I've been so swamped with required reading that I'm finally looking into it....Twilight and Marley and Me are def on my top two though for Christmas break!!
Good luck with the job hunt. When Bumbee left that was the very first thing I had to do; and I could not agree with you more on how it's about sanity and not the paycheck. What field are you looking in?
Post a Comment