Even though I am only 7 days into my goal list, I feel I did accomplish a few things:
- Care package full of a few TV shows on DVDs, Christmas cookies from Megan's' wonderful cookie exchange party tonight, card, gum, power bars, and his favorite hat, is ready to be sent out tomorrow morning, December 20th.
- I am really enjoying "Marley & Me" and might have found a book club here in Clarksville!
- His mom and sister joined me at Church on Sunday and I attended their Wednesday' Advent Service. The pastor's wife actually introduced herself and we chatted for a good 20 minutes.
Another goal I did not mention, but I intend to throw myself into in the next year, is stopping Daisy from jumping on people when they walk into the door...so annoying! I blame this bad habit solely on him.
My week consisted of a few lunches with some pretty amazing women. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful support system here where I am actually excited to hang out and get to know them bettter in the next 12 months.
5 comments:
Congrats on making it through the first week!! Believe it or not, you've survived one the hardest parts of the deployment, and should def go out and celebrate this grand feat.
Good for you keeping busy and adjusting well. jlc's right. You just got thru the hardest part so it's all downhill from there.
Yay for being done with week 1!
Good job getting done week 1! You're already doing amazing things, and have awesome goals, so keep checking them off!
One week down! Soon it will be two, than three, than months down before you know it! I am glad you have such a great support system and are keeping busy!
(PS. You don't have 12 months left anymore...you have less!)
Post a Comment