I finally cried. When we left our families on Sunday, my dad turned to him and started crying. I have not seen my dad cry...ever I think. And then he said, "Come home safe for my baby girl, she loves you and I love you".
Oh thank you dad.
In typical Army fashion, they moved his D-day up 2 days. I expected this, but his family who planned on coming down two days earlier, now will arrive the day he leaves.
And now? We are sitting by the fire, watching One Tree Hill, our favorite, while drinking coffee on this cold rainy day.
I am so blessed.
::Sidenote:: I hate the ferrero rocher commercial where they ring the doorbell. It is not sensitive to people who own dogs. Dakota goes crazy EVERY single time the commercial comes on TV.
4 comments:
Hang in there!!! Please let me know if you need anything.
PS. Annie does the same thing! She goes NUTS everytime a bell rings on a commercial.
Aw hang in there! That is an awfully sweet story though!
And yes, I DESPISE that commercial. Chief flips out every stinkin' time in comes on. Agh.
That's a toughie! Hang in there!!
My dogs go crazy anytime a doorbell rings on TV. Or the phone on TV! Ugh.
Haha! (about the dog comment of course) Piper FREAKS whenever he hears a dog barking on tv. Ohhh puppies.
You can do this. I'm sorry they bumped it up 2 days, but I like that you're writing about it up to the last moment. Save/or write every single minute memory. You'll appreciate it later on to look back on.
I always go back to my honeymoon posts and wish I wrote more!
Post a Comment