Missing his touch is obvious...
Tonight was the first time I actually talked to him since he left. I felt my mind race 100 miles a minute because I missed my best friend and just wanted to spill my guts. I've sent him probably 10 emails in the 5 days since he left, I continually feel I am going to forget to tell him something. He told me to keep the emails coming.
And this is what might make the next year somewhat difficult. I've been turning to him day in and day out for the past eight and a half years. But thank goodness for technology.
And we ended on this:
Him: I love you baby
Me: I love you too, probably more
Him: That's true, but only because your heart is bigger
4 comments:
i know what you mean about the phone call, our one phone call was like that too. i couldn't say things fast enough. i'm sure it will get better once we get in a routine, you know?
oh, and chris is still in kyrgyzstan. unbelievable.
That is so sweet! You sure have something very special to look forward to over these 12 months.
:(
Awwwwww. You guys will def grow more and more in love everyday as this deployment goes on. Trust me. The depth of love almost becomes unfathomable during a deployment.
I don't know if this is your first deployment, but sending mulitple MULTIPLE emails a day is how I got through it the first time and half of this one. Finally, I think once you get used to the routine, it slows down a bit, but this is just adapting to the one-sided communication. I felt like there was always something to say.
Sounds like he's a sweetie though. The right words always leave a nice little afterglow.
Sorry I haven't come around sooner to say hello, by the way. I've seen you comment a few times.
Post a Comment