Friday, December 26, 2008

Two Weeks Down!

I came running down the stairs this morning to find my parents eating breakfast and like a little kid, I said, "Guess what, guess what?". They of course replied with a confused, "What?". I then said with great enthusiasm, "Only 50 more weeks to go! I made it 2 weeks already!". They shook their heads at me and smiled.

Hey, the glass is always half-full, right?

This past week:
  • Still eagerly reading Marley & Me and hope to be done by the end of the weekend
  • Started eliptical training this week, which will turn into running very soon
  • Attended the church that I grew up with and went to school at for 8 years while home
  • CHOPPED 7 inches off my hair!
  • Care package safely arrived to him with cookies still tasting delicous
  • Survived Christmas :)

I enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with both my family and his family and received amazing gifts.

In the past 2 weeks, I have also found comfort in my daily emails to him. I label the subject of all of my emails with the number of days until he returns. Today will read 351. I keep an index card in my purse at all times and write down my daily happenings as they occur, otherwise I am afraid I will forget something at the end of the night when I finally sit down to type.

Before he deployed, I created a contact list through my email of his parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, aunts, uncles, old football coaches, classmates, etc. I sent 2 emails already updating everyone on his address and overall process and will continue to do so in the next 12 months. The responses I received warm my heart. His family and friends have completely rallied behind me for his deployment.

Lately I found support in the most unusual places and that is not a bad thing and only reinforces how blessed I truly am with the people in my life.

5 comments:

jlc said...

Awwww. Congrats on 2 weeks!! That is a big accomplishment!! :)

Elli said...

Congrats on making it 2 weeks! : ) I do the same thing - I sent out monthly updates since Nate & I started the "Army Life", my list is now at 120 people get an update from us of what has been going on in the past month.
Sounds like you have lots of support & are doing well! : )

Katie said...

Yay for making it 2 weeks!- I was thinking of you yesterday because I had realized it had been 2 weeks. Glad you were able to have a wonderful Christmas regardless.

I'm also in the midst of Marley and Me and plan to finish it today so we can see it tonight- only 100 pages to go! haha. Hope you're enjoying the book- I keep reading and keep thinking wow that sounds just like what my 2 do or wow yes I felt that way too haha.

Keep that chin up!

CIP said...

Congratulations! I love your countdowns....it will make it so much easier to go through. Your posts are so inspiring!

d.a.r. said...

That is hilarious!! I came running into the kitchen this morning, too, bragging that we finally hit the "25%" mark. Yayay! Keep up your awesome outlook, it helps :)