Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Diet anyone?

Peanut butter cookies with a chocolate chip in the middle, puppy chow, pizza, stuffing, chinese food, McDonald's, pumpkin bread...

These are all a few of my favorite things, well this past week at least. If you know me, I am a absolute terrible eater (chocolate is a must for breakfast). This is typically not a problem due to pilates classes, dog walking, and runs on the treadmill, however my commute to the gym rounds off to a 6 hour drive.

My mom just recovered from my brother's football season. Tailgating is the devil according to her so she recently purchased the "Melt It Off" program which contains a 3-day kick-off. She does a lot better with support so I said, why not.

I've been lucky over the years. I never suffered any body image issues ever in my life, but as I like to tell those who laugh at me as I say diet, I just know where I am comfortable weight wise and lets just say, I'm not there :)

So while I am eating egg-whites and grapefruit for breakfast, Dave chows down on some Cinamon Toast Crunch and peanut butter M&Ms, my favorite selection for breakfast.

I never realized how much temptation is around during the holidays because for the most part, I just give in before the food even gets a chance to tempt me.

Still holding strong 6 hours later. Our lunch selection today consists of tuna, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and rick cake for me and leftover chinese food for David.

I am doing this for my mother. At least thats what I keep replaying over and over in my head as I stare at Dave's mom's turtle cookies.

4 comments:

jlc said...

6 hour drive to the gym??? Damn woman. I give you a lot of credit for that. And I know what you mean! This past weekend I was so so bad. I had McDonald's for the first time in seriously a YEAR (last January) and felt guilty afterwards. Ugh...

Sarah said...

did you say puppy chow?

Erin said...

Ohh I love to eat. It is amazing how tempting food becomes when you aren't supposed to eat it!! I personally have been eating EVERYTHING in sight.

The Mrs. said...

stay strong. STAY STRONG!

but those peanut butter m and ms do sound good.

stay strong!