Thursday, December 11, 2008

Preparation

During my on-air shifts at the radio station, I read and re-read what I planned to say on the next break.

I guess I am making this process a TAD bit easier by thinking and saying out loud what I plan to do in the next few months. I have a goal list a few pages long. Yes, ambitous I know.

Somehow I forgot to mention his sister has a 99% chance of landing her 1st clinical here over the summer. She's actually one of my best friends, so God sent me one blessing already.

I went on usps.com and ordered 10 boxes to ship to my house for free. I also visited the boys favorite coffee place in town and prepared a box to ship to them when they get there.

So as my checklist dwindles down, I find myself with terrible knots in my stomach. I've been pacing back and forth in the kitchen, following him around the house while he packs, and trying to fight back the tears I feel coming on as we speak.

The hustle and bustle over the last few days really took my mind off things. I slowly prepared for myself for his absence. I guess I never prepared myself to actually say good-bye.

3 comments:

jlc said...

Hang in there hun! My thoughts are with you.

Elli said...

I had those knots as well. I'm praying for you both. Take care!

Becca said...

Thinking of you and praying for you too! I hope that this difficult transition is as easy/pleasant as humanly possible for you!!!