Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tis the season...

With his upcoming deployment running in conjunction with the holidays, I guess I am learning a alot about priorities. For instance, it looks as though a bomb went off in my house, a giant ACU/BDU bomb. And with family arriving tomorrow, I am surprisingly calm and ok with it all.

I also have yet to work out since our return home from Chicago. Oh well, right? And today, although we do not have a ton of money to spare, my friend Jeni and I "adopted" 2 little boys from the Soldier Tree here at the PX and bought clothes and of course toys. I loved the feeling of handing over a bunch of wrapped presents for someone else's kids.

Tonight we decorated our Christmas tree and although we have 1 actual ornament, I enjoyed our memory together while trying to place the bulbs perfectly on the tree.


And of course my kiddos. Something tells me they will help me more in the 12 months more than I have ever helped them. While in Chicago, God blessed my puppies with 3-4 inches of snow. Trying to get them inside was not necessarily the best present for me, but I have ton of pictures of digging, rolling, and running in the very cold, white snow.


Also, on a somewhat amusing note. We like being in bed between 10-11pm every night. Last night we were both upstairs in the office trying to get some paperwork, etc. done and Dakota would not stop whinning and spinning in circles. In between her temper tantrums, she would place her head on my lap and look at me as if I was doing something wrong. I finally looked at my clock and went, whoa, it is way past our bedtime. Once we headed downstairs to go to bed, all was right, in her world at least.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Enjoy your remaining time with David! And Daisy is huge... she grew so fast!

Elli said...

My dog Dilan has been an amazing comfort to me since Nate left. I'm back home in MI for 3 weeks & I cried like crazy leaving Dilan. I'll be praying for you as D-day gets closer.

CLR said...

Do you have family in all weekend? If not, and you want to hang out after Dave leaves, let me know. Wine and movies can always help :). Enjoy these last few days!

Erin said...

I think that you have plenty of time to workout over the next 12 months!

I am very familiar with the ACU bombs!! It looks like someone threw up ACU all over the house when D is either coming and going!

Enjoy your remaining time together! I will be thinking about you!