And my gift for surviving six weeks of deployment...a nasty cold, soar throat and overall lethargic mood. Luckily my cousin stopped by to visit with me this weekend since she worked only an hour from my house this entire week, otherwise I would still be in bed. She took me to my favorite restaurant, bought my favorite bottle of wine, and brought goodies for Dakota and Daisy.
This week I did a few more productive things. I hosted my first game night on Thursday and started/arranged a weekly pot luck dinner with a few of my girlfriends whose husbands left around the same time. This will hopefully encourage cooking and discourage chips and salsa.
And in other accomplishments, I have yet to miss a kickboxing class in the last month, still feel sore after every class, and get this, I managed to develop a firm, rounder, rear end. Thanks to my mother's genes, the dairy air simply does not exist with the girls in our family, but it does now for me.
7 comments:
Woohoo kickboxing! Hope you're feeling better!
Feel better! I think it's that time for the sore throat and cold going around- I can feel it coming my way!
Congrats on making it 6 weeks!
Keep up the great work with the kickboxing! I need to get back into my yoga!
Feel better!! And congrats on the perfect attendance kickboxing!! ;)
Thanks for the comment on my post today. I had borrowed Nineteen minutes from the library a few months ago but never got around to reading it but I will definitely check it out again.
I just found your blog and love it! I subscribed so I'll be back :)
6 weeks, wow! Hope you are feeling better!
I hope your on the mend already! Surely spring must be around the corner and then no more colds? Wishful thinking....
Post a Comment