Our conversation went something like this a few days ago:
Me: I think I want babies
Him: You know what that means!
Me: No, what?
Him: We are getting you another puppy
Me: You know me too well
Both Dakota and Daisy are products of me catching the baby fever for a week or so.
And what do you know? Today I almost brought home puppy number 3. Yes, you heard me right.
Jeni and I were out running errands this afternoon. About 4 blocks from her house, I felt her hand grab my arm and yell, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness". She pulled a u-turn and out in the cold rain near the woods sat a beautiful black lab, I am guessing 3-4 months old with no collar/tags etc.
The puppy came right up to Jeni and I and started whinning and wagging her tail so excited for us to pet her. I picked her up and we headed to the Humane Society. Of course, it closed at 1pm and we arrived two hours too late.
I told her since she had two toddlers and a dog, I would take her home until Monday. We would both head back to the shelter and drop her off. Jeni, my dear friend, did an excellent job trying to convince me to keep her saying this and that. I put my head into my hands and said, "I am going to end up with three puppies" after I stared at her oh so adorable face.
We headed back to her house and played with the puppy. The kids pulled on her, sat on her, and she just continued to wag her tail. Her temperment was so incredible!
Playing with the kiddos
Aidan playing in the dog's crate
After dinner, another couple came over. They already own a lab, but since the wife is 34 weeks pregnant, I did not hold my breath. Well after 20 minutes or so, they announced that as they walked in the door they knew they would take her home! I am thrilled we found her a good home and not mine.
Jeni and I both felt we did a good deed today saving this sweet puppy.
I knew 3 dogs would be out of the question for me. I only have two hands for rollerbalding.
Also, Daisy goes to the vet on Monday to get fixed so I did not want to take any attention away from her. I am already so scared for her because I am a big baby when it comes to my puppies.
6 comments:
we talk about getting a 3rd dog sometimes but when we had 3 it really was a lot of work. There's always 1 who needs to go out and walking them turns into a 2-man job (like you said, tough to walk 3 dogs w/1 person). As happy as we were with our 3, i don't think my parents would ever do it again.
I actually ran into a woman about a year ago who, when she saw me walking Macie, said she had 5 dogs at home. FIVE. can you imagine??
Hahaha. I loved your convo. Hmmm how many until the baby fever = baby? :)
Oh my goodness! I'm glad you were able to find a home for the puppy! You really would have had your hands full with 3!
As for Daisy's surgery I'm sure she'll be fine! Hazel had hers about 3 weeks ago and she's good to go. She laid around for like 2 days and than was back to normal activity!
Haha. That is exactly how I was, I would keep wanting more pets to stave off baby fever. Finally we gave up after we already had two cats and a dog and I was talking about getting another doggie. My husband is now of the fim belief that anytime a woman wants a dog what she really means is that she wants a baby.
Hi, I just happened to come across your blog.
Every year I get puppy fever! But like you, I realize that I can't handle more than my two boys. :)
I'm glad you were able to find a home.
Aww how sweet. I'm so glad that had a happy ending for a seemingly sweet puppy.
I've been trying endlessly to get another puppy from Mark. It's actually because I don't want babies though!
Post a Comment