Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Girlfriends

Today I thought a lot about priorities and I guess in the same sense, blessings.

I talked to my best friend, Karen, for over an hour today. We attended the same high school and experienced it all together. And now, her first child is due in two short weeks.

Somewhere in the middle of the conversation, we talked a little about some of our "girlfriends" in high school who all attended the same college and now all live together in the same city and party, party, party four nights a week. And while we both agreed we admire their "fun", we would not change places with them for all the money in the world, and heck, my better half currently lives in another country.

I love my life.

Tonight while hanging out at my dining room table and drinking chai tea, I smiled and enjoyed the conversations between myself and four other women, including CLR :)

And after all these years of having one or two girlfriends, I finally hang out with a group of women. Women who I adore, admire, and respect. I never had girlfriend because I never wanted to be a girlfriend. You get what you put in and I put in very little in high school and college.

Now I want to make an effort, not because I am stranded here on deployment island, but mostly because these women see the "big" picture in life. And even though we are so different, we all have one very important thing in common...strength.

No comments: