Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week Five & Thanksgiving

I know this might sound a bit absurd, but this past week I looked back and said to myself, "Where did the time go?".

By far my most unproductive week, but full of events, both good and bad.

  • Phone interview on Thursday along with job offer
  • Decorated over 40 Valentines Day cards for his company with Jeni, Holly, and kids.
  • Daisy made a full recovery and if at all possible has more energy than ever
  • Wonderful visit with my parents
  • Set my mother up on Facebook, ha!

And lastly, yesterday I received my first and hopefully last message composed of:

Today was a bad day. I am OK. Everyone in my company is OK. I cannot tell you right now what happened, but if anyone calls, you can tell them I am OK. I love you.

A helicopter crash hit a little too close to home yesterday.

Last night my mom made a wonderful dinner of turkey, stuffing, and potatoes. As we ate, I smiled and mentioned how funny us eating a typical Thanksgiving dinner on a day where I am so incredibly thankful for his and his company's safety.

9 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad to hear he's okay and all is well!

Glad you had a great visit with your family!

CIP said...

Oh geez! That message. I'm so glad he is okay!

I love that you set your Mom up on Facebook, that's great!

e said...

congrats on the job offer! Did you end up taking it?

That email must have had your heart sink into your stomach.. im glad everything is ok though.

d.a.r. said...

I am so so so glad he is okay!!! You are handling this all like a pro, it is really admirable. I wish I had half of your strength and grace.

Did you take the job???? Congrats on the offer :) It's nice to be wanted, haha!

jlc said...

Yessss! My mom's on FB too! I'm not alone. Haha I heart having a hip mom. :)



And the V-day thing is too cute. That's gonna perk up all of the men over there!

Lacey Bean said...

I'm so glad that the time is flying by, and SO glad to hear that David and his guys are ok.

Stacie said...

I'm excited to hear you had a job offer, what type of job is it? And I'm glad you had a great visit with your family and even more happy to hear that he's okay.

Anonymous said...

OMG Scary!! So glad he's ok!! And Congrats on the job offer! How do you think the interview went?

I know what you mean with Siberians having so much energy...bring Daisy to Alaska to play with my Blaze so they can wear each other out!

Erin said...

Ugh, what a chilling thing to get. I hope that is the last one. I am glad he is ok, though!