Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Poo Poo Pants

This is his infamous nickname for me. It all started a few years back and whenever I appeared on the verge of crabbiness, he would pull me into his chest and go "Poo-poo Pants". I would immediately giggle and all of a sudden feel better.

It has shortened over the years to "Poo-poo". If anyone is around when he yells for me, they kind of look at us funny. Yes, a strange nickname I know.

And today, I am sure I would hear "Poo-poo" out of his mouth.

You see, as the days go on, I continue to grow more and more frustrated with job hunting. My problem? I want to do everything, but do not know specifically, same as my senior year in college. Thank goodness my former boss emailed me out of the blue in January of my senior year to offer me a position. I never sent out a single resume until now.

And apparently since I do not have a Masters Degree, I am not qualified for 80% of the jobs that are of interest to me. I want to stay on my career path of anything related to sports or college support staff. We will see what the future holds for me.

I shared my frustrations with Jeni on the phone. After a few interviews and resume drop-offs, I headed over to her house and my wonderful friend pulled a delicious piece of chocolate cake and glass of milk out of the refrigerator for the two of us. Just what I needed.

God bless my friends.

3 comments:

jlc said...

I (a girl who calls her beloved Bumbee) do not have any rights whatsoever to comment on Poo Poo pants. ;)

Erin said...

Bless her heart for the chocolate cake :) I think that everyone has secret or not so secret pet names for each other. And if they deny that they do, they are lying!!

Sara said...

Job hunting is a job in and of itself. It took me two months and 63 resumes to get an interview. And I'm not meaning to discourage you at all, I just want to let you know it's not abnormal to be frustrated with job hunting. You'll find something! Just keep on going!