Oh this morning...not one of my better mornings.
I woke up deciding I wanted a few things:
-Longer hair
-A tan
-More episodes of Criminal Minds
-Summer
-My best friend and better half laying next to me
-Be more girly (actually paint my nails, own make-up, curl my hair more)
-My running partner from Chicago to move here and start training with me
Since I do not have ANY of the above, I manged to pout a little and open up the infamous Ben & Jerry's pint of ice cream. I took 2 bites, sealed it up, put it back in the refridgerator, and realized ice cream could not solve all of my "issues" (gasp)
::Enter Super Jeni::
I will refer to her by this name from here on out in my blog. She called mid-pouting and asked me to join her for lunch and a day of shopping. Needless to say, I am back on the content train.
And yes, we are another week down!
In my seventh week, I manged to accomplish a few things:
-Registered for a different Nashville Half-Marathon in March (not April)
-Completed my highest distance weekly total, including a 6-miler tonight
-Cooked a delicious chicken receipe for our weekly potluck
-Found a job
-Sent his best friend a birthday care package
-Tried a new church this past Sunday
-Started a book by my favorite author, Malcolm Gladwell
So this week, I will hustle to try and complete a few more of my monthly goals before I knock off another stupid month of this stupid deployment.
I swear I am still positive :)
7 comments:
Yay for running again!! I know that has to be making you really happy :) Keep me updated on your training! I am dyyyyiiing because I have been on the couch all week, ugh. 10 more weeks! My gosh you had a big week :)
And Court, you don't HAVE to be strong all of the time. It's okay to not be positive every waking minute. That was the hardest lesson I learned thus far. Obviously being positive most of the time makes this a lot easier, but don't let stuff build up.
And call me if you need anything, seriously!
Truthfully I like this post a lot because of the realness of it. I just told someone else this the other day- I'm sick of blogs that are all exclamation points and rainbows and sunshine ALL the time. It's normal and 110%ok to have bad day and bad weeks and truthfully I think they deserve just as much praise as a good week because let's face it, it's damn hard to admit it when things aren't going your way. Don't get me wrong, the rainbows and exclamation points, etc are great too but we all need balance.
I'm glad you started running again. I know that makes you happy :)
Yayyy! You got a job?! Can't wait to hear more!
That's awesome that your friend called at the right time. An outing with a friend is always the best medicine.
(Although Ben & Jerry's works, too. Good for you for having the willpower to put it away!)
Congrats!
I love Criminal Minds!
Keep that chin up! My ice cream hasn't gotten very far either! I take a few bites and put it back.
Congrats on making it another week! Woohoo!
I love Criminal Minds too.
Running helps clear my head and lets me think about everything under the sun.
Goodness knows I'm not always positive and strong. This is our 4th year long deployment (only 3rd to Iraq) and each time it is different with different highs and different lows.
Post a Comment