Saturday, September 5, 2009

Grandpups

I love my mother. However, she sent her youngest child off to college three years ago and is desperately looking for that next stage in her life....being a grandmother.

Now she never directly says "Please have a baby now". But everytime she overhears my response to children as "Probably closer to 30", she thinks that is way too long to wait.

That being said, Dakota and Daisy take A LOT of pressure off of me. Ever since we brought Dakota home almost 2 years ago, she spoiled her rotten. She spent more money on Dakota her first Christmas then she spent on him and I!

As soon as Dakota broke her leg, my mother did not hesitate to write on my FB wall, "I am coming down to get Daisy". But mom, I didn't even ask? Do not get me wrong, I knew something needed to be done to help Dak recover and am forever thankful. And when I mentioned a 6-8 week recovery time, she didn't even flinch. She responded with a "Well you can get her on Thanksgiving".

I needed to drop Dakota off at the vet/boarding place before I headed home this weekend. I felt so sad leaving her there, but knew it would be the only way she could recover. Not to mention I boarded her at the same place that treats her.

After coming home last night, I am seriously and I mean seriously afraid I will not get Daisy back!

My neighbor came over to greet me and told me how much my parents stinking spoil her. My mom just signed her up for a $100/year dog park (now half price since its September). I met my parents at the dog park when I first arrived in town.

That dog park is AMAZING! Now I know why so many people pay so much. I came during "Yappy Hour" where all the owners are served beer and wine as they watch their dogs play. Daisy looked incredibly happy (and tired). She is the center of my parent's universe.

I always knew my parents would make wonderful grandparents and how they treat my puppy furthers my convictions. Thank goodness for "grandpups" as my mom calls them.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Geeze that sounds like my kinda dog park! My mom wouldn't put my puppy down because of his broken leg. She spoiled her grandpuppy too, though she doesn't encourage reproduction ;-) How nice of her to take Daisy for a while. That was very thoughtful.

BSS said...

My Mom and MIL call our pup the Grandpup, too! haha!

Yappy Hour? That's great!

Battles on the Homefront said...

My mom calls our her granddogs. They stayed with them while Mac was in BOLCIII and when we went to move them to Hood with us, she told me the littlest couldn't go. I had to buy her a puppy to be able to take my dog home with me. It was hilarious.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think that sounds great! I love that they love your furbabies just as much!

Stephanie said...

I know what you mean about the "grandparent" stage. My parents, mostly Mom, have been anxious for grandbabies, but if a grandpuppy works as well... maybe I can convince the hubs to get me one!

Hope Dakota heels quickly!

Kate said...

So cute! I wish we had a dog park like that here.