First of all, Super Jeni welcomed another life into the world! She delievered a 9lb baby girl. Everyone is doing fantastic. I was able to visit just hours after her arrival. I loved sitting in the room with her little family.
I called to check on her tonight and the first thing out of her mouth: "How is Dak Dak?". Um, Jeni, you are lying in bed, in a lot of pain and you ask me about my dog?! One of the millions of reasons why I love her and feel incredibly blessed to call her my friend.
And oh yeah...there is this:

On our 9 year anniversay (plus a few days), he begged me to go to the movies while at home. I wasn't particularly feeling the movies so I fought for ice cream instead. He pulled his camaro, his first car still being stored with his parents, out of the garage. I sat inside and turned to him and said, "This feels like our first date". 10 seconds later, he handed me the blue box above. I really don't remember what he said next. The only thing I remembered..."No one deserves this ring more than you. You have made me so proud during this deployment". Apparently he wanted to "propse" at the movies, the site of our first date, but I ruined it. Well not entirely...
And the best part about this ring?
He goes along with it. That is all that really matters.
15 comments:
OMG! And he's SOOOO right! That's exactly what i thought when i saw the pictures on FB - "Man, I don't know any girl that deserves it more!" Seriously. AND the ring is absolutely stunning! Probably the prettiest i've seen. Like, ever.
Congrats to you two and good luck with the wedding planning!!
Oh and my boys want you to give "Dak Dak" a kiss for them.
what a lovely ring!
awwwwwwwwwww. :) :) I was awaiting the story and it's so freaking cute :) love it.
You made me smile at the end. Thanks! Congrats!
That ring is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you. :-)
How is Dak Dak, by the way?
Aw! That's so sweet! And hello! That ring is amazing!
OH how stinking sweet.... makes me miss my honey so much! I can't wait to get to know this sweet man. You are such a blessing and he sounds like a wonderful guy. you will make beautiful babies too!
no one does deserve that more than you! im so so happy for you girl!
Beautiful! I can't think of 2 people more deserving :-)
Congrats! The ring is gorgeous!
You definitely have a keeper!!! That is the best story ever! And you TOTALLY deserve it!
HUGS!!!
That is so wonderful! And stunning! I'm thrilled for y'all!
Wow a Tacori? You go girl!! I love you two!!
So beautiful! I am so happy for you both!
that was a very sweet post :)
Congrats!
Post a Comment