Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tale of two tests.

Remember that test I tried to study for merely days before he came home...

Well I needed to drive an hour and a half to the testing center. I laid out everything the night before including directions, my GPS, and my testing ticket. I arrived 2 hours early, found a Dunkin Donuts to review and eat a good breakfast.

I did not pass. I missed passing by 4 questions.

Fortunately/Unfortunately I could not sulk. Less than 24 hours later I picked him up from the airport. My very supportive husband and I signed up for a test two weeks after his return flight to the sandbox. I didn't want to wait too long and basically "re-study" the entire 18 chapters.

Somehow during these past 2 chaotic weeks, I managed to study. His mother made a comment to me yesterday to set a few alarms. I assured her that oversleeping is my biggest fear.

This morning, after no sleep due to a nasty storm, my clock read 7am. The storm knocked out one of my alarms and I forgot to save the one on my cell phone. I needed to be at the testing center an hour and 15 minutes away at 8am. I did not eat a good breakfast nor drink my cup of coffee. I still needed to print out my testing ticket. I forgot the GPS and the directions. It was still storming and I needed to drive through Nashville traffic at 8am.

After calling information for directions and a phone number, I called to notify them and they reassured me I could still take the test. I arrived an hour late on a college campus going through "Welcome Week" and many other fairs. I parked illegally and raced inside.

And I passed that SOB! I am now a Certified Personal Trainer.

17 comments:

BSS said...

Yay! Good for you! :o)

Cole said...

HURRAY! That is fantastic!

Laurie Moudy said...

YEAH!!!!!! I am proud of you and you are going to be a great trainer. let's get started! what do you charge?

lola said...

Ow, ow!! :) Way to go girly! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

yay!! Congrats!

Lisa said...

Congrats! Too bad there was all the drama, but I bet it made the test feel like a piece of cake!

Katie said...

YAY!!! Now can you come up here and whip me into shape before my husband comes home? :)

Jenn said...

:) !!!!

Megan said...

That's great news!

Stacie said...

Woohooo! Congrats on passing!! :-)

Kate said...

YAY!!!

nicole mountz said...

ok.. i was about to say if you didn't pass that test after that crazy morning then you need to seriously hurt someone! im so glad you passed, whew! congrats and happy friday!!

Megan said...

Please! I found a recipe on the BooMama site, that might just fit the bill. I'll be eating pizza cheese ball every night just to spite you and your personal trainer achievements!

Of course, then I may need to hire you to help me burn the cheese ball from my thighs and stomach!

J.L.S. said...

Oh my goodness. Passing the test is the only thing that would make all that drama even slightly worth it! I'm so happy for you! Congrats, hun!

Carissa said...

Whoo hoo! It would have been horrible to fail after all that! Congratulations!

d.a.r. said...

Oh my gosh, what drama!!! I am so proud of you, congrats on passing!!!!!

And I saw your comment on my blog, I agree--I miss you, too!! I'm sorry my life has become insane lately! I'm scared I won't be able to juggle everything when Z comes home. Ick. I will do better trying to keep up with you, promise!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!