Thursday, October 16, 2008

Domestic Diaster.

Now that David is in AA school, we are finally on a somewhat normal schedule, meaning he leaves in the morning and gets home in the evening. Unlike the days where he left at 2pm and would get home at 4am.

That being said, I am finally able to cook dinner.

Last night, I made English Muffin Pizzas. My mom use to make them when we were younger. David absolutely loved them. And they were so easy.

1 pack of english muffins
1 can of tomato sauce
1 package of pepporoni
1 package of mozz. cheese

And 10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. Way too easy. David reheated them in the microwave today and they still tasted delcious.

Tonight was on to his favorite, pulled pork. There is something about the crock pot that I love. Throw it in there, 4-8 hours later, done.

I felt successful this week in the kitchen until my once a week brownies I made tonight. I love the Pillsbury brownie mix. They are less than a $1 at Wal-Mart and I love mixing up chocolate chips, Heath bars, snickers bars, and peanut butter chips to change the pace.

Well I laid out all the ingredients and began mixing. The batter was so thick. Again, I make them at least once a week.

I FORGOT THE WATER!

It was in a dark measuring cup, so I thought I had already poured it. Luckily I caught this before placing them in the oven.

I messed up on the 3 ingredient brownies. Geesh!

1 comment:

d.a.r. said...

Oh yeah, I have done that. With the oil. Except I couldn't remember if I had added 1/3 cup or 2/3. So I just kind of stirred some in. Needless to say, I ended up throwing that batch away hahaha!