Wednesday, October 7, 2009

In the family

My mother did call today and told me that the lump is not cancer, rather a bundle of breast tissue. I probably shouldn't have worried until I heard something more definite, but its my mom. I know a few of you said prayers and I appreciate it greatly.

Moving on to him...

As much as I LOVE talking with him on the phone and as much as I know its a rare occurence to hear his voice, my 10pm phone calls throw off my bedtime!

I can never fall asleep, no matter how tired I am, after I talk to him. I get this sudden burst of energy and it doesn't wear off for hours.

Case and point: 12:13am, wide awake and blogging away.

We had an interesting conversation about power of attorney.

An interesting side story. His mother is his POA and his father is mine. Weird, huh? We were discussing tax returns and the POA subject came up about possibly changing it when he returns.

I do not want to change it to him and he does not want to change it to me.

Its not that we do not trust each other. Goodness, I hope after 10 years we can trust each other. Its more along the lines of stubborness. That is all.

He does not want to be the first to change it and neither do I. He says his mother knows where all of his paperwork is and I smile and agree and say his father knows where all of my paperwork is. He's been doing my tax returns and FASFA since we started dating in 2000. We might be the only married couple who are not each other's POA simply because of pride. His mother often says we act like 5 year olds and this is a very good example of our immaturity.

I think it keeps our relationship young and fun.

7 comments:

loqi said...

I'm glad I never had a problem going to sleep after phone calls the last deployment, since they would come between 2 and 4am our time.

The POA thing cracks me up, too funny. :)

Herding Chaos said...

Glad to hear your mother is ok! The same thing happened to my sister-in-law.

HAHA I think that's funny that your POA's are split. I don't think some one has one for me, but I have J*'s.

Stacie said...

I'm glad to hear your mom's okay! And I love that your POAs are split. As long as everyone's happy, it works :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh man i can't go back to sleep after phone calls in the middle of the night either! Happened to me this morning infact... went to bed at midnight, up bright and early at 5:30 because he called haha.

And that's so funny about the POA's! Haha!

Post Tenebras Lux said...

So glad to hear your mom is fine!

Erin said...

So happy that the lump turned out to be just tissue! What a relief!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Hey whatever works for you! And it seems to be working out well already, why change it?

That's great news about your mom!