Friday, October 2, 2009

Stepping forward

Well I didn't think it would happen this soon, but I took a step in the right direction in terms of my recent personal trainer certification.

I dropped off my resume at every gym in a 30 mile radius. I heard the typical run around of "we will call if something comes up". Well on Tuesday, something did come up! They asked me to come in for an interview on Wednesday. She said she needed to interview one more person.

On Thursday I found out I am the new "Circuit Coach" at Curves. Its only part-time which I actually enjoy since I am still hesitant to jump into a full time job with a fear of hating it (i.e. like my last job). And my pay check will definitely not contribute to my dream car, a Lexus SUV, but its in the field I wish to pursue at this moment.

I am still able to sub too so this lady will be bringing TWO checks home, chaaa-ching! Not really, but I am keeping busy and getting paid to keep busy. I cannot complain.

10 comments:

Stacie said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's awesome news! I'm totally in the same boat as you with the whole job thing! I'm excited about getting involved with the fitness industry b/c its what i love to do. I dread the thought of having another desk job again. Blah. Congrats again and keep us updated on how it goes!

tootie said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

d.a.r. said...

Sooooooo excited for you!!!

Herding Chaos said...

CONGRATS!!!! Sounds like it will be fun!

Cole said...

That's awesome! That's definitely a step towards your new career path. :-)

loqi said...

Awesome! I did Curves at one point where I was just totally out of shape, and enjoyed it. Hope you have fun coaching the ladies there. :)

Megan said...

Yea! So happy you found something!

Graysoning said...

Congratulations!! I worked at Curves for over 2 years & be prepared to be inspired by the women you meet. I hope that your experience there is as enriching as mine was!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great! Congrats!