Thursday, October 8, 2009

No Superwoman Here

While on the phone with him the other night, I mentioned the infamous lawn. I have been insanely busy the past few days (I am not complaining). He said..."Babe, just pay a lawn service". To me, I thought this was so sweet, but I responded with a I'll get to it tomorrow after subbing. I could handle it.

You see I thought I only worked Monday and Tuesday at Curves so Wednesday would give me a exactly 2 hours to cut the grass before heading to my weekly pot luck.

I walked in the door yesterday while talking with my MIL and let out a loud, "Oh no". I smelled poop. I looked into her cage and saw it everywhere. On the wall, cage, bed, rug, kitchen floor. As a few too many other times this deployment, I spent the next hour cleaning, scrubbing, and hosing.

I also received a phone call from my boss. She forgot to mention to me I work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings too.


I didn't even flinch when I called the lawn service immediately following the phone conversation.

And then sent him an email:

When you come home, I will not deal with poop, vomit, or bunnies for the next entire year.

He emailed me back and said "Deal". I forgot to mention the lawn in our new contract. Dang it!

7 comments:

Megan said...

Let me give you the name of my lawn guy if whoever you contacted charged you more that 25 bucks!


And...thank goodness you finally called the yard guy! It's about time!

CLR said...

Oh Courtney! I'm sorry! Good for you for calling, I would have too. I mean, really, not worth it!

Cole said...

I'm glad you're finally accepting some help! The lawn guy will be worth it.

J.L.S. said...

Oh man. That's the worst thing to come home to. I'm so glad you finally accepted some help!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I'm sorry you had to come home to that. But yay for the lawn service.

lola said...

Aw! :) You've dealt with so much, the least you can do is have a lawn service!

BSS said...

I'm sure he'll let you amend that contract, haha! :)