I know quite a few people whose husbands/significant others are deployed and I'm surprised no one has mentioned this...
Bad guys.
He continues to poke fun at me. We were looking at a house across the street from the woods and I told him, "Sorry, no can do, bad guys come from the woods".
Last night I had a dream that a Chinese terrorist was trying to break in and kill me. Granted, he was dressed like one of the star volleyball players on China's Olympic team. WEIRD! I woke up at 4:45am right before I chased after the bad guy and then became surrounded by 25 men in business suits ready to attack me and could not fall back asleep.
This morning I told him when he leaves 1) we need to activate ADT again 2) I need a gun 3) I need another dog 4) I need a phone connected to call 911 5) I need a baseball bat for underneath my bed (sense my exaggeration)
There is not a single night that passes where I am not forever thankful for the sense of security he provides. I think I am just a big baby at times. Every noise escalates by 10 decibels when he is gone. Law & Order SVU might be one of my top 5 favorite shows, now a must NOT watch in the next 12 months.
I believe he summed up my fear with a few short words before he left this morning: "You are a weirdo, but I love you".
Thank goodness for Dakota. She is not afraid of anyone. Daisy, on the other hand, prefers to hide under the bed until she gets the all clear from Dakota.
Sidenote: My dad played for a Chinese team overseas while serving in the Air Force and I am actually obsessed with China's volleyball team.
8 comments:
I am such a nervous wreck when I'm home alone. That's pretty much why I decided to live with my mom until Scott comes home.
It's definitely a pain in the butt a lot of times, but it beats not being afraid every second of every day!
And as for the cake in a jar... it's just a great way to bake a cake and keep it 100% fresh for about 2 weeks. This was my first time trying it, but Scott said it was delicious! So, I'll keep sending them! I got the recipe from: http://awtr.blogspot.com/2007/09/cake-in-jar.html
Haha.... I love weird random dreams.
Right after Sam deployed, we (a bunch of other army wives down at Fort Hood TX) went out to the movies to enjoy a nice chick flick, and all the previews were all cute McDreamy-ish films and then randomly a sneak preview for a horror movie came on and scared the crap out of us. Even AFTER the movie, we still had those images in our head and then contemplated whether or not we should go home to our empty houses or have a huge sleepover. (Haha... our husbands would not be proud.)
No sleepovers happened, but luckily I had Piper with me for protection. ;)
If I wasn't living on post, I'd be terrified. My dad was the Police Chief growing up so I know WAY too much about what can happen. It's actually one of the reasons we were set on living on post. That way I would have so much to worry about. I was willing to wait as long as we had to to get on post. Otherwise I would have a gun by now. I was about to start the process to carry a concealed weapon but decided to wait since I don't feel like I need it quite as much now.
I am like that!! And I use the words "bad guy" too. lol Last time my husband was in the field I literally threw some pj's in a bag and ran out the door to a friend's because I got a call from some man at 8pm and I told him my husband wasn't home. What was I thinking??? Later we found out it was a 90 year old pig farmer trying to set up a meeting to tell him about military benefits!! haha
Aw, you will be fine!! Don't scare yourself or let other people scare you!
I heard funny noises the first few nights in the house alone, but it went away. Probably because I started locking my doors at night... :)
You will be fine, sweetie :)
I totally become a paranoid freak when I am by myself, however, I get used to being alone and it gets less scary. I promise!!
I;m a dork. When we were looking at houses to rent I wouldnt live in a duplex because what if some weirdo lived next door? I'd be sharing a wall with that weirdo. In apartment buildings you have ltos of other people but I didnt want it to be just me and the weirdo. I also have to sleep with my cell phone in case someone cuts the phone line. I dont mind being alone but I can get a little paranoid.
Whenever K. is gone for more than a couple nights I would have to completely stop watching all of my creepy ghost/murder/mystery shows and movies otherwise I would lose my mind. However, once I had adjusted, I could return to my previous habits :)
Post a Comment