I thought it would stop last night...but I think it just continues to get worse. Some of this stuff literally makes me sick to my stomach.
A little background, my parents are so far left and my boyfriend is so far right. I am split right down the middle. However, I do feel this is such a historic time in American. I am proud.
I will admit, I was not a Bush fan, but when he walked into West Point's stadium to give a pretty good speech to the class of 2006, I stood and cheered. When I saw him 2 years earlier at the Army-Navy game, again I stood and cheered and goosebumps filled my arms.
After all, he is the President of the United States, if I am not behind him, who is?
My friend Abby made a great point, if you believe in God and his authority, you shouldn't be disappointed in who gets elected.
I will pray for Obama just liked I prayed for President Bush. It's not about the 2 parties, it's about OUR 1 nation.
Stepping down from my soapbox now.
3 comments:
like I've been explaining to my son who has overheard us talking politics you musint respect the man but you must respect the office. I've been lucky that for the past eight years I was able to respect the man and the office and that I felt confidence into the commander in cheif who took my husband into war. For now I'll just settle on respecting the office and really do wish the new guy the best of luck. He's got his hands full. I can only hope he has the wisdom to do right by us all.
Well put.
I gave you an award! go check it out on my blog!
Post a Comment