Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gut Check

Ryan moved in with us about a week after we moved into this house. He needed a place to stay before he deployed at the end of this year. With a 4 bedroom house for just the two of us, we welcomed him with open arms.

Today when he got home from work, we were talking and he reminded me that his block leave starts today. By the time we get home from our block leave, he will already be on his way over.

He left at 4pm and I hugged him good-bye. He is tremondous with the dogs and I feel I can talk to him about anything. I'm really going to miss him.

We're having people over for dinner tonight so I decided to clean his bathroom/side of the house. I walked into his room...completely empty. My stomach sank just a little.

Its beginning.

4 comments:

J.L.S. said...

I remember that empty room feeling. My husbands roommate left a day or two before him. He cleared out of the barracks a few days early so we could have some alone time. It was killer to see that side completely empty. Then we started cleaning out Scott's side. I just about lost it. It is a very weird feeling!

Erin said...

I am sure having him leave must be brining up feelings of the upcoming deployment even more :(
I hope you guys have an incredible block leave!

d.a.r. said...

Ugh I remember the first time it hit me like that. Hang in there and enjoy block leave!

The Mrs. said...

hang in there, it will get better.

send him a kick ass box full of good stuff, well save some of the good stuff for your love!