I knew it was only a matter of time.
Good ol' Newton once said that those in motion should stay in motion. This is how I describe my daily outings with my puppies on the roller blades.
Due to the weather, I am bundled up with my i-pod, gloves, hat, sweatshirt etc. so my athleticism (ha) is lacking.
We just started out and typically it takes awhile to get them going. I go about a block and Dakota becomes fixated on a Chihuahua. I know my subdivision like the back of my hand. I've seen every dog, car, kid, etc. And I have not seen this dog.
Here is a side note. One of my pet peeves involves electric fences in the front yard. I am slowly getting over this as we know the 3 dogs in the area who jump off the front porch and dart for the street after my puppies. Daisy and Dakota know to keep going or else.
Back to the Chihuahua.
I see it in the front yard and it begins chasing after us. Now, here I assume it is another front yard electric fence.
No dice.
The dog continues to chase after us (WHERE ARE HIS PARENTS?!). Daisy, my big baby, never goes after dogs, however, she realizes, "Hey, I am bigger than THIS dog". As my dogs continue to tangle me up, I stop (HUGE mistake) and am ready to put the smack down on them. The Chihuahua finally notices the fight is 2 v 1, scares a little and dashes in front of car. The car stops.
I worry about the Chihuahua and as I worry, I loose Daisy's leash! She takes off after the dog. Dakota wants to chase too pulls me SMACK into the stopped car. The poor driver hears a big ol' thud on the side of his car. Somehow, through all of this, I still manage to hold onto to Dakota.
But not for long.
Daisy chased the dog across the street. Dakota wants to help and when she has her mind set on something, by golly, she is going to get it. So my wonderful dog pulls me into a yard through a HUGE 5 foot bush, where a couple peacefully works on their landscape.
I finally let go and tumble right at the feet of the lady who so kindly offered her help. Thank goodness for all the padding I wore. Sweet Daisy notices mommy is down and comes to my rescue. Dakota is going in circles after this dog 5 houses down. The lady grabbed Daisy's leash and luckily when I call Dakota, she comes.
The couple told me that I impress them everyday with 2 puppies on roller blades. I said nothing like this has happened, but I knew it was only a matter of time.
Once we got going again, all was well.
Daisy and Dakota are both passed out on the kitchen floor.
Today's life lessons:
1) Listen to Newton's Law of Motion
2) Neighbors should REALLY know the location of their dogs
Also, my subject is Take 1 because let's face it, I am sure I will be sharing more stories like this in the near future.
5 comments:
Haha, I hate to laugh, but that is too funny! I'm glad that doesn't happen often. Hopefully the chihuahua will stay inside from now on.
I could not help but crack up reading that story!!
I hate irresponsible pet owners. But usually I am worried about pitbulls getting loose, not chihuahas!!
aww that's really funny! but sad at the same time :)
I find that when i wear my ipod when i walk my two (little) dogs, i don't have as good a grip on them... maybe it's because im just distracted?? i don't know how you do it w/two big dogs. yikes.
Oh gosh!! Sounds like me when I bike ride with Deuce! I'm still trying to figure out how to tire out both at the same time... Maybe I'll have to get rollerblades!
Hahaha, thanks for sharing, it totally made my morning :-) I'm glad you're okay and I hope the chihuaha doesn't make this a repeat performance too often!
Post a Comment