Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Letting it out...

I can't stop thinking/dreaming about work. I need closure, just to let it all out.

I've been tempted on more than 1 occasion to email my former boss, Rich, and tell him how I really feel, to let him know...

Dear Boss,

On July 6, 2008, in a momentary lapse of judgement, you came out and told my mom that you were in love with me. On July 9, 2008, my parents sat me down and told me what you had said. My life took a drastic turn on that day. There were times were I wished you never said anything and went about running your business as a professional.

You continue to ask my parents how am I doing. Well here is how I am doing:

I am struggling with my career. I always felt so sure of myself. I feel betrayed. For over a year I busted my butt for you and concentrated 110% on my work. The job fit me perfectly. It was a dream job to say the least. I felt I was heading down the right path to that "corner office". I loved my office, my co-workers, my clients, my emails, and our work enviornment.

You took that away.

I would like to say that I hate you, but hate is a strong word. I would like to say I am angry with you, but angry is a negative emotion and personally a waste of time.

I spent the last 4 months wishing you had never said that to my mom, but....God has a plan for me and I believe that there really is a time and purpose for everything under heaven.

I started to create new sources of happiness, deep within myself. I'm learning more about who I am and what I really am doing here on earth.

So my search to find the new career carries on, I thank God everyday for the special people in my life who support me and will never let me down.

Things change and people change. And I will find myself cherishing the memories I made over the past year, knowing they are exactly where they are suppose to be....

In the past.


Sometimes I wish I had the balls to email this. But I think writing it all down was a huge first step for me.

Thank goodness for blogging :)

4 comments:

Lacey Bean said...

Wow way to make work akward. That sucks, and he definitely should have kept his mouth shut.

e said...

i can't believe that he did that. Why would he tell your mom of all people?? I'm sorry that he took away your dream (to a degree). I was thinking of something you wrote in your letter about feeling like you're wasting your time being angry but you're not. Angry is a legitimate emotional and you have more than enough right to feel that way. I think you SHOULD feel that way.

I hope you can eventually move on from this - closure or no closure - i know how much that job meant to you.

jlc said...

:-\


Ugh... all I can say is thank goodness for blogs. They let us vent without having to...

The Mrs. said...

yes blogging is a much better outlet them really telling some folks what you think!

but I agree with erika... feel the way you feel my dear.