Being an adult....very overrated at times.
Like when it comes to cutting the grass. I changed into my mowing the yard clothes and could not find the keys to our shed anywhere. I hauled my butt over to Home Depot to see what they could do and apparently my lawn mower in our shed is more secure than our home.
How about when you're not only an adult, but an alone adult in the military? Last night around 2:30am, my good friend and neighbor called. I heard her house alarm going off in the background. I jumped out of bed, grabbed Dakota, and headed a block down the street.
I did not even blink an eye when she apologized for waking me up. Are you kidding me? We are in this together. I know what its like to live in a big house by yourself. Turns out her fire alarm suffered a malfunction. Better safe than sorry.
And to think, a year ago, I lived at home and worked at my dream job making some good money. I bought whatever I wanted. My mom, the laundry nazis, kept up with my dirty clothes, and my daddy definitely protected me from the bad guys.
With work, the economy is beginning to hurt our business. They shut down 5 locations and of course our branch is on the radar, meaning I am on the radar. I NEED to be on top of my quotas and paperwork. I am feeling the pressure. To put icing on the cake, our Regional VP will be visiting tomorrow morning. I worked last night for a few hours and again today. I am very nervous.
I wouldn't change where I am at for the world, but adulthood is responsiblity. I hate changing lightbulbs (random, I know) and cutting the grass every 5 days. Our conversation today:
Me: I cannot wait until summer.
Him: Why?
Me: Until the sun kills our grass and I no longer have to cut it every 5 days.
Him: What?!
Me: You heard me right. I am not watering our grass. If I water it, then I have to cut it.
Him: You are forgetting about Big Tom
Me: DANG IT!
Big Tom = His father, a man very obsessed with yards including mine.
Being an adult can be fun. Yesterday morning, I finally completed my boudoir photos. The amazing photographer gave me a sneak peak last night and I love them! Let me tell you, getting your picture taken for 2 hours, very exhausting.
And this might sound crazy, but it flelt like an intense ab workout for most of the photo shoot.
Speaking of workouts, I am still going strong with P90X and am finally in the addicted, kind of enjoy it phase. Once I hit 90 days, he will be home for R&R :)
8 comments:
Oh my goodness! I remember not being able to walk for 2 days after my boudoir session. It was a serious workout.. those poses were definitely not natural... but they turned out wonderful!
Yes, adulthood is definitely not all it is cracked up to be sometimes.
Oh wow! You and lola... I'm seriously thinkin jumping the bandwagon on this boudoir stuff. ;)
And yes, I agree totally overrated.
being an adult is so freaking lame. It's filled with great, great stuff, but it's the everyday responsibility that just blows!
Yay for boudoir sessions! I've still only seen a tiny sneak peek of mine and can't wait to see the rest!! :D
I'm intrigued by the whole P90X thing. I've started the shred and it's no longer kicking my ass -- YAY! And soon, my hubs will be home for R&R too! :) When did yours deploy?
Yeah, responsibility sucks :-(
SNEAK PEEK!!!!!!!!!! I wanna see a boudoir pic! Woohoo!!!
I know right!!! Being an adult is SOO overrated. If wish I could be a 21 year old but still not have the responsibilities of an adult.
I'm right there with you on cutting the grass. I HATE doing that!
I hateddddd cutting our grass in Tx! I swear, I was every 5 days, too and I wanted to pull my hair out!
A budoir shoot has been on my list of must dos...I'll have to do that for this next deployment!
I am glad you are enjoying P90x! Can't wait for R&R for you!
i'm glad your friend ended up ok.. that's scary.
I'm glad you're liking your p90x. i am loving it and i actually look forward to doing it each day! I've still got quite a few cd's to go before i profess my love for every single work out but so far my favorite is definitely shoulders and arms
Post a Comment