After our conversation, I gained another client at a time where I needed it the most.
And nine years later, our fighting/arguing is at a bare minimum because of honesty and laughter. Before he left, we talked about communication. I said:
I do not care about emails, flowers, or phone calls, just make sure you write on my FB wall once a week to let me know you love me and/or you are alive.
Seems simple enough. Oh its been over a month and of course I let it slide until I saw him writing on one of our best friend's wall for his birthday.
Our first conversation in two weeks started like this after our initial greetings:
Me: So I saw you can write on Brandon's wall, but not mine?
Him: (loud eruption of laughter)
Me: Do not laugh at me. I only asked for one thing before you left (I start laughing)
Him: (continued laughter)
Me: (me yelling his FIRST, MIDDLE, LAST name)
Him: I just wrote Happy Birthday
Me: Well you know you can write that on my wall every once in awhile too
The laughing did not stop. I shared how Daisy brought a dead bird into the house on Thursday night at 1AM. And how I always kill flies that get into our house with our kitchen towels and now Dakota likes to grab the kitchen towel out of your hand and bury it in the backyard. We think she's confused on whether the towel is the bad guy or the fly.
Or how his dad forgot to pick me up for church on Sunday. And when I walked into church 10 minutes late, he let out his infamous chuckle. No worries, he bought breakfast afterwards to make it up to me.
So after an amazing weekend of laying out at the beach, hanging out with both families, and visiting my alma mater, an amazing phone conversation, and a pretty good day at work, things are definitely looking up.
I hope this lasts for awhile.
8 comments:
Hahahahhhaaha!! Oh my gosh. Can I tell you I had the SAME exact convo with Sam. Well very similar.
I was like you didn't email me back but I notice you wrote on John's (his bff's) wall.
Lololol.
Ahhhh facebook. Yes, just another way for our men to prove they "reallyyyyy" love us.
:D
Aww! It's great that you can laugh through your frustration (however small)!
I had the same conversation with Michael too! 11 months into the deployment and I was never able to get him to do it. He is finally emailing me regularly though, and let me tell you that was a big step. Maybe I'll get the FB thing on deployment 2.
Hahaha, Scott and I have this discussion too! Every time one of his friends has a birthday, he will write on their wall but I barely ever get any kind of response to my e-mails, FB posts/messages. We just laugh about it!
I loved reading this post. I'm glad you had a great weekend! I hope the rest of the week keeps getting better!
I am so glad things are looking up for now! It is amazing how much a difference one phone call can make.
hhahahah! I love that convo.
I love it!! So glad things are going well :)
I loooove this post! Oh, it cracks me up. I gave my hubby crap because he updated his facebook when he arrived in Afghanistan before emailing and/or calling any of us. This behavior coming from a man who *refused* to use until he deployed because it creeps him out to have that many people know what he's up to! hah.
I'm glad that things have been happy and full of laughter. I've found that Matt and I have had so few fights since he's been gone. I love it!
Post a Comment