Sunday, May 17, 2009

So lonely

I am beginning to notice how much I miss company. Do not get me wrong, I have amazing friends here, but everyone does have their own life. I admit it, I get lonely at times.

On Wednesday, one of my dear friends Leslie called. She and her husband are moving down here in a few weeks. Her hubby, Barrett, is one of my love's very, very good friends from WP.

She asked if Barrett could stay with me for the weekend. I, someone who loves company, responded with an enthusiastic "Yes!".

And let me just say how nice it was having a man in the house again.

He cut the grass for me on Saturday (Yes, that is right, I cut the grass on Monday and it needed it already on Saturday), changed a few light bulbs and bought me dinner on Saturday night.

Now this might sound crazy, but I slept like a baby knowing Barrett, a big strong Army Ranger, was sleeping in the other room.

I also made him do P90X this weekend and even he woke up sore this morning :)

Time to get ready for another long week at work.

12 comments:

Cole said...

It's amazing how a guy (even if he's not your guy) can make you feel safe. :-)

Megan said...

This makes me sad :( You're more than welcome to be our company any time!

Katie said...

I think its natural to get a little lonely at times even if you like you're alone time too.

That's so nice that he did that stuff for you!!

Lisa said...

Isn't it great to have them there? I'm house-sitting (tonight is the first night) and I'm already missing the comfort of knowing P is just downstairs or in the other room playing video games.

Very sweet of him to do all that for you!

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's so cute!!

I feel the same way having my neighbor next door. He changes my oil and all that good manly stuff :-)

J.L.S. said...

I have really struggled with loneliness during the deployment, so I understand where you are coming from. I am so happy you had some (manly) company! A good night's sleep is wonderful and what a sweet friend to help you out around the house!

Anonymous said...

I understand getting lonely-I've been there. That's good that you got to have some in-house company though!

Herding Chaos said...

I loved reading this post! I know what you mean about having company, we get so lonely.

YAY for having some one to mow the grass for you!

lola said...

I loooove having company! And having a military man around always makes me feel better. Some of Matt's friends have come to visit and I love spending time with them because despite them all being different in their own ways, they have somewhat universal traits. It makes me feel like Matt is around despite him being away.. :)

That's really nice that he's helping out and yay for the P90X kicking his ass! :P

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I know what you mean! I always sleep better when I know someone else is in the house with me

The Mrs. said...

I know what you mean about everyone having their lives. Its like that here, especially on the weekends when everyone elses husband is home.

Glad you got a good night sleep. The military should let you rent out people, ya know when you need a good sleep or someone to chase your kids around.

Stacie said...

Aww, I'm so glad they're moving down there and you'll have company! I miss hanging out with Leslie, even though we could only meet up once in a while with our schedules at school. Anyway, I'm off-topic, I'm glad you had Barrett there to hang out with! Good luck with the calluses too!