Friday, May 29, 2009

Blonde Genius

You know as much as I want him here with me all of the time. Today might be one of the days I am kind of relived there is an ocean seperating us. So he does not know what kind of mischief I am getting into with our home and my car.

Yesterday I finally opened my pool, meaning I paid someone to open it. When I came home, I still needed to vaccum and fill it with some water. I started filling it around 6pm. At 10pm, I noticed the water level did not change much. I headed out there with a flashlight and stepped in a nice little puddle.

My pump was leaking. I called them first thing this morning and very calmly said:

I paid $250 for you to open my pool. If I wanted a leak in it, I would have opened it myself


They immediately sent someone and told me they took care of it.

LIARS

I walked in the door around 6:15pm and my pump was still leaking. I located the problem. You see there is a spout on the bottom of the pump to drain the water in the winter time. It needed a cap. I went into the shed and miracously saw the cap laying there. I twisted the cap on tight and water still poured through due to a crack on the side of the cap. I repeated my motto over and over again in my head that if you want something done, do it yourself.

This doesn't mean I will do it correctly, but I will solve the problem. I decided to wrap thick electrical tape around the cap many, many times. I then took the cap outside, tried it again.

Still leaking.

It began leaking from the top of the cap as well. I wanted to stop the leaking. I called Barrett and asked him if he wanted an entertaining trip to Lowes He said oh yes.

At Lowes, I ran into a friendly customer service rep, Chris, who asked if I needed help. I asked him how much patience he had left in the tank and he responded by saying, a lot.

I then proceeded to explain my problem with a water bottle. I told him I just wanted to jam something in the spout to slow it down or stop it. I suggested a caulking stick, a sock, a bouncing ball.

He thought for awhile and came up with this solution:






I arrived home and proceeded to coat the cap with this stuff. Right now I am letting it dry and attempting this one more time, probably again at 10PM.

While I am waiting for it to dry. I share this other story with some hesitation.


My Regional Sales Manager and I met with a potential client for lunch in a small town outside Nashvegas. The lunch went so well. While walking out, I started searching for my keys and could not find them. We reached my car and one of the guys raced inside to go look. The other lady yelled "I see them in the ignition".

I left the car open and running for our entire hour lunch. The four of us could not stop laughing.




And I am still laughing...I think that might be enough story time for one day.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, what a day! Glad the car was still there and the keys weren't locked in there while it was running! Hope it gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Haha! OMG!!!!! I am SO glad your car was still there! Jeez woman! That's so scary!

I did laugh... a little :-)

lola said...

I think after those two things, I'd curl up in bed and refuse to leave for about 8 hours. Maybe 12. :)

At least you all got a good laugh out of the car thing.. Here's to hoping the leak is fixed!

Jenn said...

Court, how could you leave the car open and running??? Dave is going to laugh soooooooo hard at you!

Miss you :)

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Open and running!! That story just made my night! I'm just glad you didnt lock the doors. Thanks for the laugh. Hope your doing well!!

Cole said...

Hahahahaha! Well...open and running is better than running and locked. :-)

Good luck with the leak. I love my pool, but I always have a problem to solve at the beginning of the season.

Laurie Moudy said...

girl! what a day! I am glad that you still have a car now how is the pool? hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I'm glad your car was there when you went back!

I hope that your leak is gone! I'll be looking out for the outcome.

J.L.S. said...

Hahahaha I couldn't help but laugh... but it's one of those painful laughs... the ones where you are laughing just because everything is still OK but the whole time you are thinking about all the bad ways it could have ended. If that makes any sense... just woke up and still haven't finished my morning coffee!

Megan said...

Is it selfish of me to want to make sure your pool is fixed...before book club?

K and I went to the pool at CAC on Friday, it was lovely. I'm so happy summer is here.

Kate said...

Is the pool fixed now?
It sounds like you have had some crazy days.