After a 12 hour day...I knew walking into our house, the girls were not going to be happy with me. Even after a 2.5 mile run this morning at 5:30am.
My normally sweet and obedient Dakota managed to break into the pantry and eat some of the paper plates. By the time I took Daisy out of her cage, they nearly knocked me over in excitement.
I let them calm down for about 10 minutes. Leashed them up and put on my rollerblades in the garage. I heard them jumping more than usual at the garage door to the house. When I reached to grab the handle. Locked.
I definitely did not lock it. With all their jumping, one of their paws must have hit the lock.
I rollerbladed a mile to my life savior, Destiny's. Not home. Headed to my friend Laurie's house to use her phone to call Destiny. No answer. A few minutes passed and I saw her car pull into her street. I chased her down (still in my rollerblades) and she of course laughed at me. Mostly because I was laughing at myself, saying, "My life is a mess sometimes".
I hate locking myself out. Which reminds me, I still need to get my lawn mower out of the shed.
P.S. My girls, currently wrestling outside on the deck. Their bodies just banged into my kitchen window.
P.S.S. I still rollerbladed with them for another 2.5 miles tonight.
Anyone looking for two very calm and obedient puppies? Going for a good price...
4 comments:
Oh my! Don't you just hate days like that?! When you just KNOW that they did something bad to get revenge...
I'm glat that despite the adventure, that everyone got some exercise and back into the house.
:-)
I swear. When it comes to puppies and every day life events you are my clone. I've locked myself out of my house 3 times in the past 6 months all because of doing something for my dogs. So crazy!
Aww, it's cute that you do all this for your pups - they totally love you for it!!
http://fab.typepad.com/brunette
Haha! This reminds me of my something I have done. I'm glad you got back in!
Post a Comment