Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Keep on truckin....Keep on laughin...

I truly believe God not only knows I have a sense of humor, but at times abuses this knowledge.

I walked into the house after an awful day of work. I pulled into my driveway and noticed my jungle of a yard. I needed to clear my head so I took the girls for our usual 2.5 mile loop.

When we walked back into the house, I saw bloody paw prints behind Daisy. My heart broke. I learned today from Super Jeni that dogs can get 3rd degree burns on the bottom of their paws in the summer time from the pavement.

I filled my bathtub with super cold water and soaked my baby's paws for about 5 minutes. It helped tremondously and she seemed to enjoy it.

Next up on my list, my awful grass. I gave in and called a locksmith. After some research I realized the lock on my shed is un-pickable.

Forty dollars later, I was finally able to cut my grass. And you bet I mumbled swear words under my breath every minute for the entire 2 hours it took. As I began to clean up, I looked down on the floor of my garage. And what did I see? Clear as day?

The keys to my shed.

I may or may not finish a bottle of wine tonight by myself.

12 comments:

Cole said...

Polish off the bottle of wine tonight... you earned it. :-)

Cole said...

Oh... and I hope that Daisy's paws feel better. The poor baby!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw! Your poor dog! I hope Daisy is ok now

Sara said...

pooooorrrr daisy :-( Oh, that would just break my heart.

The hits just keep on coming sometimes, huh? Yeah, you go and enjoy that wine. You deserve it.

Carissa said...

Isn't that just the way it works? Sorry to hear about your baby, hopefully it heals quickly.

Megan said...

Lizzie got bloody paws once, it was so sad. Have you thought about getting little boots for their feet? That should help protect them.

And seriously, if you want to drink a bottle of wine call me. I have to finish some off before we move.

CLR said...

Poor Daisy! I have to be careful because Deuce's paws crack in the summer. I put neosporin on them at nighttime if it looks like they are getting bad...

Lisa said...

I'd say that wine is VERY well deserved! And I hope Daisy's paws heal quickly!

Stacie said...

I'd totally go for the wine, I hope Daisy feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

I swear, you and I need to be next door neighbors the next "go around" b/c our everyday life events are so similar its not even funny. Plus, its more fun to split a bottle of wine with your neighbor anyway right?! ;-)

Poor lil' Daisy girl! Blaze sends kisses to her feet!

Mrs. Mootz said...

Oh no! Yeah, I'd finish the whole bottle too. I hope Daisy's paws are feeling better.

Erin said...

I know this comment is a little belated but I hope you went for the wine :)