Thursday, May 14, 2009

P90X Week One

I just completed my first full week of P90X.

Now you may think its the muscle confusion that produces results. I disagree. Its actually the ridiculously hard workouts. I did not take a picture on the first day. I ended up taking a picture today because I just got my camera back this week.

I would love to show you my "before" picture, but let's face it, it will look much better next to the "after" picture.

My favorite workouts:

Kenpo- It takes me back to my kickboxing days. And I find this to be one of the easier ones becuase my kickboxing class was sometimes insane.

Core Synergistics- The entire workout concentrates on the core, whichout you really noticing.

Yoga- I hated yoga. I walked out of 3 yoga classes in my life because I thought they were just plain boring. The basketball/soccer player in me wanted more.

However, I do love Jennifer Anniston (and her body, geesh!) and I convinced myself I will like her if I continue to do yoga.

My least favorite:

Ab Ripper X- Only 18 minutes. Only 11 moves, 25 times each. But even my new boyfriend Tony collapses after this workout. Hate is a strong word, so I hate you Ab Ripper X.


I workout upstairs in our office and the girls love looking out that window so they usually hang out with me while I do my workouts. However, sometimes they get too close to me and over the past week, I probably kicked Dakota and Daisy around 3-4 times each.

5 comments:

J.L.S. said...

Hahaha whenever I work out at home, my dogs think it's play time so they always get too close.. then look at me with the most depressing faces after they get hit.

Lisa said...

I've very definitely hit both of my cats when working out at home. Harley has learned to stay FAR away from me when I'm playing wii. I've whacked him more than once!

I'm very interested in the P90X though... I hope you like it!

jlc said...

Wow we have the SAME thoughts on yoga! But you're absolutely right! If Jen Aniston is down? I'm down!


Maybe I should give it another go!


Have a great weekend love! :)

e said...

haha during ab ripper x the other day i just laid on the floor for a minute, looked at Macie and said "i need a break" and she excitedly walked over and kissed my face :)

Ab ripper x sucks.

ps - i am totally going to have to do the before and after pics too.. more for chris, not so much for the world :oP

lola said...

the name "Ab Ripper X" just sounds awful!! I feel like I'd be more excited if it was called "get hot, sexy abs" or something else encouraging :)