Oh I am blogging well before 8am and from work. I need to vent in order to put it in the past, move on, and have a fantastic day with my Regional Sales Manager who flies in this morning.
I dropped my clothes off at the cleaners on Tuesday morning. This would be my third attempt at trying to find a decent cleaners. Maybe my cleaners back home spoiled me rotten. They knew my name, never paid more than $30 (and I brought in weeks of clothes at a time), and sometimes they even carried my clothes out to my car.
Tuesday morning's conversation at the dry cleaners:
Me: When will these be done?
Lady at Cleaners: Definitely by tomorrow
Me: How much do you think it will cost?
Lady: Probably around $30
I stopped by yesterday in the only 5 minutes I had to spare in my day around 5PM.
NOT DONE
So I needed to be there at 7AM this morning because I needed my business suit.
Lady: It might be a little more than what I told you.
Me: How much?
Lady $75
HOW IN THE HECK CAN YOU BE OFF BY $45!!
Ran out of fruit this morning so I thought I would treat myself to breakfast at Starbucks. Bought their oatmeal and definitely will be the last time I buy oatmeal from them.
And time to start my day.
11 comments:
I hate it when things like that happen! I hope your day gets better!!!
Oh my goodness! Where are you going to get your dry cleaning done?
I hate dry cleaners. A new one called Zips opened up near us. They charge $1.99 for almost every item. There are a few exceptions, but still $1.99 for most items. They do a pretty decent job too. No complaints so far.
That just stinks! Finding a decently priced dry cleaner seems to keep getting harder.
OH.MY.GOD! I don't know how you didn't kick someone's ass at the cleaners. Seriously. Ugh.
Have you had any friends/coworkers recommend cleaners that they use?
Hope the rest of your day is WAY better!
Oh man, your week sounds similar to mine. You should fly up here for the weekend and we can vent over margaritas & cupcakes!
What a rip off!!! That's crazy!!! If you haven't given them your whole closet, refuse to pay for it!
sucky morning. I hope it got straightened out as your day went on
ugh... thats just bad.
Ugh what a crappy way to start the day! I haven't used a dry cleaners here yet, but I need to check one out soon.
Post a Comment