Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Deliver me from cupcakes.

Last night I baked cupcakes. I love baking. Its an instant source of happiness.

I love baking cupcakes because I love passing them out to random friends, clients, etc. Today I passed out 15 cupcakes to clients and made sure I saved 3 for Super Jeni and her two kiddos.

In what might be a huge break through...I only ate ONE cupcake.

HUGE accomplishment considering I normally eat close to 4-5 each time I bake. (Did I just say that out loud?)

My mom always tells me if I didn't work out, I would probably be the largest woman ever to weigh in on the Biggest Loser. I am a horrible eater.

And since I am very much into P90X, I convinced myself I should probably eat well too. Hey, only 2.5 months to R&R. I can do this.

In other self-control news, no coffee this week! Only orange juice or protein shakes. I typically NEED to have at least 1 cup a day.

Although fighting off cupcakes took a lot more "self-talk" than the coffee.

8 comments:

J.L.S. said...

Oooo it would be the exact opposite for me! I love me some cupcakes... but I NEED my morning coffee! This morning, in fact, I was yelling at the coffee pot to make it quicker. It wasn't doing anything for the last 2ish minutes... but it wouldn't beep. It was not my best moment! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I wouldn't have been able to do it. I would have sat there and ate like 4 cupcakes. Those and brownies are my weakness!

Anonymous said...

Jeez Woman!! If you're only going to eat one then send the rest my way!!!! ;-)

And props to you again with the coffee. I if i don't have my coffee i turn in to a psycho crazy woman.

Lacey Bean said...

Hahahaha. When I baked those brownies last week, I totally gave them all away so Dave and I wouldn't gorge ourselves on them. SO MUCH WILLPOWER! I also stopped drinking coffee every day, and now I limit myself to either one coffee, or one soda a day. If at all!

I haven't done the Shred in like 5 days though since I am sick. Blah. Going to attempt it tonight!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the coffee!! I've recently weened myself off of coffee as well (it was a good 2.5 month project) but i drink about a million times more water now and i feel so much better. so worth it.

The Mrs. said...

The boys and I made cupcakes the other day and I must admit, my weakness.... the frosting.

tootie said...

I just baked cupcakes, too! I quickly brought them to our friend's cookout before I ate them all :)

lola said...

Ok, so I'm catching up on all of your blogging since I've been on my little vacay. I saw the title of this post and knew I had to read. I love cupcakes, and I will so admit to eating 4-5 anytime I make them too. No worries -- no judgment here!

Good for you!