Monday, May 4, 2009

Paranoid

One of the things I am most paranoid about: Oversleeping

I ran youth baseball tournaments a year ago where I run the actual tournament 6am-10pm then head back to the hotel to finish another 3 hours of work. I actually set 4 alarms including my cell phone, my work cell phone, hotel alarm clock, and the good ol' morning wake-up call.

I still set two alarms, sometimes three.

You can guess what I did this morning. Yep, overslept. For some reason, my puppies picked today out of all days not to wake me up at 6am. Of course most days I run my own schedule, but today I had a 7:30 phone conference with our new Regional Sales Manager.

I jumped out of bed around 7:15. Luckily I am able to phone in from home. About midway through the phone call with 15 of my colleagues, Daisy managed to break into the office and howl at me. The colleague talking said, "I do not know what that was".

Thanks Daisy.

This morning, even after the conference, I felt I never caught up on any of the work I wanted to get done today. I ran around all morning like I was still late for something. I HATE when your alarm decides not to go off one morning.


Switching modes. While finishing some reports from home, I came across this story on NBC's Nightly News. It is for my mommy bloggers out there:

What is a mom's work worth?

There is actually a calculator on there. Pretty cool. I am curious to see how much a working mother of two puppies is worth? Especially after rainy weekends with lots of muddy paws.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Ha! Did you admit to Daisy howling? See you tomorrow!

Cole said...

Heeheehee... all of mine like to bark, whine, howl while I'm on conference calls.

CIP said...

I definitely set 4 alarms in the morning...glad to know I'm not the only one!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh man! I hate feeling rushed all day. My biggest fear is over sleeping so I set two alarms as well!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud there, that's a big fear for me too! I always feel as though my whole day will be shoved back because of it!
http://fab.typepad.com/brunette

lola said...

I am so paranoid about waking up too. So much so that I usually sleep horribly the night before/wake up every couple of hours because I'm so worried about oversleeping.

jlc said...

My mom actually said she ALWAYS overslept until she became a mother.....


I'll leave that open-ended. Haha! :)

e said...

uuggghhhh feeling "off" all day is the absolute worst thing EVER

Jenn said...

I am paranoid about oversleeping too! Each night I set three alarms on my phone and my actual alarm clock that sits on my desk. I'm weird, I know... lol!

And thanks for your comment :) I love and am proud of you tooooo! You're doing so great with David gone! And I'm proud of you for taking care of those crazy dogs by yourself... I know how hard it is, especially with big dogs! You're definitely super dog-mom :)

Rachelle said...

I have to admit that I am one of the fortunate people out there who never seem to oversleep. I have this internal alarm clock that goes off about 10 minutes before my actual alarm does. On the weekends it can be quite frustrating if I just want to sleep in lol.